How To Unprotect an Excel Spreadsheet Without Password.
- Make sure the Excel file is closed then change the file name extension from .xlsx to .zip. Then click "Yes".
- Open the .zip file with 7-zip then go to folder xl-> worksheets.
- Open sheet1.xml with Wordpad or NotePad.
- Press Ctrl + F, and search for "sheetprotection".
- Delete the entire element that starts from "<sheetProtection" to "/>".
- Save the modification and close the file. and Click "Ok" when prompted with a warning dialog.
- Change back the .zip to .xlsx.
- Now your Excel file is UNLOCKED, you can open your file and make any modification without any password.